You are not logged in.

Friday, November 2nd 2012, 5:08pm

Power to Controller

I have a 12 sta Hunter Pro-C that I've used for about 6 years, for the front and back yards. We are now in the process of renovating the front yard, and will need more stations than the 3 assigned presently, to the front yard. My first thought was a new controller to handle both yards, but it looks like I may settle for an additional Hunter Pro-C w/ 9 stations. I need about 7 sta for the front, but will get a 9 sta to have a few extra, just in case. My question is, can I jumper off the terminals in the existing controller, for the 24v power to the 2nd controller. They are indoor controllers, located in the garage. I plan to program the front & back lawns/controllers on different days, so they're not on together.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, November 2nd 2012, 7:11pm

How many total stations?

Unless you have no master valve, you don't run one system from two controllers, unless you add more devices to prevent the controllers from bothering each other.

Consider stepping into the future, and getting a Hunter I-Core controller.

Friday, November 2nd 2012, 8:17pm

I have 9 sta for the backyard, and 3 in the front, all run from a Hunter Pro-C 12 sta controller. With the planned front yard renovation, I will be adding 4 more stations (or zones) to the front, for a total of 7. Front & back yards will have 16 stations, total. I looked at a Hunter IC 600PL 6 sta controller, but with 2 more 6sta modules, it would run $324. That would be, essentially, for 4 more stations. I was planning to get a Pro-C 9 sta controller, and use it just for the front yard, and use the present 12 sta controller, only for the back.

mrfixit

Friday, November 2nd 2012, 8:24pm

I know you said you're going to have 16 stations but if you could figure out how to do it with 15 the Pro-C can be modified to run 15.

Sunday, November 4th 2012, 12:16am

My controller has 3 sta built-in and 3, 3sta modules added. How do I get 3 more out of it ?

mrfixit

Sunday, November 4th 2012, 2:16am

Take out two 3 station modules and add this 9 station.
http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Hunter…e-p/PCM-900.htm
--

Sunday, November 4th 2012, 10:44am

Great ! I was not aware of that. I think I can get along with 6 sta in front. Was planning 1sta to water pots on front patio, will make it manual, or get a batt powered valve for it. Thanks !

Rate this thread