You are not logged in.

dgaines

Monday, November 5th 2012, 5:27pm

NO displayed on my Hunter EC600

My Hunter EC600 controller has been easy to use, and reliable until now. The display shows a NO regardless of what I do. I can't find any reference to this in the manual. If the controller is bad I will just replace it, but I was wanting confirmation that the problem wasn't something else.

Thanks in advance for your help.

mrfixit

Monday, November 5th 2012, 8:01pm

Does it say No AC?
--
Try this.
Clearing the Controller's Memory/Resetting the Controller
There is a process
that will reset the memory to factory defaults and erase all programs
and data that has been entered into the controller.
----
I tried to cut n paste. No luck. Go to page 10.
Manual

dgaines

Tuesday, November 6th 2012, 8:26am

Does not say No AC

Thanks for the reply. It does not say No AC, only NO. I had a different pdf of the manual that did not mention resetting the controller. I will try that when I get a chance and let you know the results. If that doesn't do anything I am going to try power cycling the AC.

dgaines

Saturday, November 10th 2012, 4:15pm

Got it to reset!

I tried the -,>,PRG RESET sequence as per the manual. It cleared the no displayed, instead giving me a number for each switch position. And that was it. So I figured I didn't have much to lose here so I disconnected an A/C power lead. Of course the new battery I had put in and the internals held the display as it was with the numbers. OK, so leaving the power lead disconnected I disconnected the battery. Now we are getting somewhere. The display went blank. When I reconnected the battery it showed the clock and said No AC. I reconnected the A/C. I entered the correct time. Then I turned the switch and my stations, run times, start times were all still there. The sprinklers are running as I write this. Thanks again for your help. I will sure check you guys out when I need parts or equipment. :D

Rate this thread