You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

dgaines

Monday, November 5th 2012, 5:27pm

NO displayed on my Hunter EC600

My Hunter EC600 controller has been easy to use, and reliable until now. The display shows a NO regardless of what I do. I can't find any reference to this in the manual. If the controller is bad I will just replace it, but I was wanting confirmation that the problem wasn't something else.

Thanks in advance for your help.

mrfixit

Monday, November 5th 2012, 8:01pm

Does it say No AC?
--
Try this.
Clearing the Controller's Memory/Resetting the Controller
There is a process
that will reset the memory to factory defaults and erase all programs
and data that has been entered into the controller.
----
I tried to cut n paste. No luck. Go to page 10.
Manual

dgaines

Tuesday, November 6th 2012, 8:26am

Does not say No AC

Thanks for the reply. It does not say No AC, only NO. I had a different pdf of the manual that did not mention resetting the controller. I will try that when I get a chance and let you know the results. If that doesn't do anything I am going to try power cycling the AC.

dgaines

Saturday, November 10th 2012, 4:15pm

Got it to reset!

I tried the -,>,PRG RESET sequence as per the manual. It cleared the no displayed, instead giving me a number for each switch position. And that was it. So I figured I didn't have much to lose here so I disconnected an A/C power lead. Of course the new battery I had put in and the internals held the display as it was with the numbers. OK, so leaving the power lead disconnected I disconnected the battery. Now we are getting somewhere. The display went blank. When I reconnected the battery it showed the clock and said No AC. I reconnected the A/C. I entered the correct time. Then I turned the switch and my stations, run times, start times were all still there. The sprinklers are running as I write this. Thanks again for your help. I will sure check you guys out when I need parts or equipment. :D

Rate this thread