You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Gansmanms

Unregistered

Wednesday, November 7th 2012, 9:10pm

Irritrol JuniorMax 6-System: '24v' error

Hi,
I have an Irritrol JuniorMax 6-System controller 1.5 years old controlling 3 zones.
All summer long it has flashed '24v' on the screen, yet the system ran normally per the program (odd days at 2:30am).
Now the system won't run at all. Meaning whether it is in Auto or in manual (I actually place it in Semi-Auto to make it run manually) it tries to run the first station and then shuts off.
It has power and a 9v battery in its slot. I don't understand what is happening.
Any advice?
Thanks,
Michael ?(

mrfixit

Wednesday, November 7th 2012, 10:57pm

Have you reset the controller at all?
There's probably a short somewhere. Could be valve number 1.
Try this, reset the controller, then disconnect the common wire from the controller. Now let the timer go through it's paces.
Did it short out?
If not it could be the solenoid or crossed wiring on valve 1.

Gansmanms

Unregistered

Thursday, November 8th 2012, 6:20pm

I unplugged the controller, pulled out the 9v battery, and let everything go dark.
I waited 2 minutes and plugged everything back in.
Same thing happened: flashed 24v , tried to run first station, and then shut OFF.
That is the way to RESET the controller, right?

One thing: this controller did work for 6 months with this 24v flashing.

I will disconnect the common wire and see what happens.

Thanks and be back in touch soon.
Michael

Gansmanms

Unregistered

Thursday, November 8th 2012, 6:38pm

Ok, I re-did everything.

I disconnected the common wire and ran the controller. It ran through its paces (ran for 9 minutes for one 1 - but heads did not pop up).
I then, stopped everything and unplugged the controller, pulled the battery, and waited 3-4 minutes.
When I plugged it back in everything was gone (program, date, time, etc.). I re-connected the common wire to.
I inserted everything (time, day, watering times, etc) and ran it
It flashed 24v and tried to run the first zone. It kicked it OFF after a few seconds.
Since this is a year and a half old, ran fine till now, and it has ran for 6 months with the 24v flashing, could it be the solenoid or ????
Thank you.

mrfixit

Thursday, November 8th 2012, 8:15pm

The sprinklers can't come on with the common wire disconnected.
Does it short out on zone 1 only?
Do you have a master valve?
Try this. Disconnect the wire at the valve itself. If it doesn't short out the solenoid's bad. If so the wires are crossed somewhere.

pudder

Unregistered

Tuesday, April 23rd 2013, 10:32am

Ok, I re-did everything.

I disconnected the common wire and ran the controller. It ran through its paces (ran for 9 minutes for one 1 - but heads did not pop up).
I then, stopped everything and unplugged the controller, pulled the battery, and waited 3-4 minutes.
When I plugged it back in everything was gone (program, date, time, etc.). I re-connected the common wire to.
I inserted everything (time, day, watering times, etc) and ran it
It flashed 24v and tried to run the first zone. It kicked it OFF after a few seconds.
Since this is a year and a half old, ran fine till now, and it has ran for 6 months with the 24v flashing, could it be the solenoid or ????
Thank you.
I have exactly the same problem right down to worked one season flashing and now it shuts down in seconds

Scott76

Thursday, May 2nd 2013, 2:17pm

http://www.irritrol.com/controller_manuals/pdfs/manual_juniormax.pdf

Per the manual provided by the company, when the timer is flashing 24V, you have a power supply issue. If the timer has the 24V flashing and a red AUTO light flahing, then it's a field wiring issue on a particular valve.

marian

Monday, September 2nd 2013, 5:37pm

"24V error" - fixed

Hi everybody.
I had the problem with blinking 24V indication too. The fix is quite easy - See my comment in this thread -> Problem with Irritrol Jr Max
Marian

Rate this thread