You are not logged in.

Thursday, November 8th 2012, 7:57pm

PLEASE HELP - Rainbird ASV/075

Hey all, I just finished installing my sprinkler system in the back yard, and zones 1 and 2 work perfectly. Unfortunately zone 3 is not. The sprinklers arnt popping up all the way and it seems like there is a lack of flow. I feel like the valve isnt working properly on that zone, since the other two zones, have the same amount of sprinklers and the same water pressure, and are working fine. The Rainbird ASV makes a very weird noise when I close it using the bleed screw too. I was tinkering with it last night and I tried to close off one of the sprinkler and all in sudden upon me releasing it I had full flow and all the sprinklers were working perfectly. I then closed the bleed valve and tried again and same problem, very low flow coming thorough the sprinklers... Please help.... Anthony.

mrfixit

Thursday, November 8th 2012, 8:20pm

Are the valves brand new?
Could be some debris inside the valve. Possibly glue from the new install.
Maybe open up the flow control a bit and see if that helps.
The valve in question is never my first choice simply because of that weird noise you mentioned. Believe it or not that's normal for the Rainbird ASV. I don't like to have to explain to someone why their brand new valve is squeeling.

Thursday, November 8th 2012, 9:03pm

Yes the valves are brand new. Like I just took it out of the box new. There is no flow control on the valve. I took the valve completely apart, and cleaned everything and flushed it thoroughly. Honestly I feel i made a bad choice with these valves, and am considering returning them and installing a different kind. What would you recommend?

mrfixit

Thursday, November 8th 2012, 10:40pm

I like the Irritrol 2711APR for 3/4 inch and the 2713APR for 1 inch pipe. As a side note, make sure you get the APR and not the DPR.
--
Keep in mind the distance between the two threaded ports will be different between the valves you have now and the Irritrol 2700 series. You might have to redo them. Well you will have to redo them.
--
On the link I posted it says that the flow control and bleeder screw might break if the valves are left in the sunlight for too long. You wont have to worry about that with these two models. With that said, sunlight is bad for all valves in my opinion.

Thursday, November 8th 2012, 10:45pm

Thanks for your help mrfixit. I will look into irritrol.