You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

molow

Starting Member

Friday, November 9th 2012, 10:10am

Hunter Pro-C causing power surge

I have a Hunter Pro-C that is causing a power surge. Here's what I figured out so far:
Ran system from the garage (GFCI) power went off to this circuit when it reached station 3 (ran for 25 minutes).
Ran system via extension cable from the house power surged when it got to station three, but the system kept running.
Ran system starting at station 4, when it got to station 7, it ran for a couple of minutes then the GFCI blew (ran about 35 minutes)
I would really appreciate any help. Thanks!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, November 9th 2012, 8:58pm

You might be getting nuisance tripping. In general, the supply transformers of these controllers can be trusted to not have any shorts to ground, which is what is supposed to trip a GFCI.

Are any of the zones giving you error messages on the controller display?

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Sunday, November 11th 2012, 1:51pm

Check to make sure that your zone 3 is not getting water in to an electrical outlet outside. It may be an unprotected and exposed electrical outlet.

Good Luck :thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Rate this thread