You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wpbart

Unregistered

Tuesday, November 20th 2012, 6:08pm

Quick Coupling Valves

Does anyone on this forum have experience with quick coupling valves? Do they have any problems with leaking? Is there any major quality difference between QC valves from RainBird and Aqualine? I have 2 acres and would like to irrigate the whole property, but it does not have to be automatic. I don't mind putting 20 quick coupling valves on one "circuit" as long as they don't leak much. My water well has the capacity to run 1-2 impact sprinklers at a time with large coverage area. The "circuit" will be pressurized 24 hours per day for about 5 days straight, so I don't want QC valve leaks to cause problems. The quick coupling valve option seem to be the most economical choice for property this large if they are reliable. Thanks for your help.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, November 20th 2012, 9:21pm

Quick coupling valves can develop leaks, as does anything depending on rubber washers and brass valve seats. Washers get replaced, and leaks are gone.

Rate this thread