You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

lawnboy647

Unregistered

Sunday, November 25th 2012, 9:08am

Weathermatic valves staying open with aire pressure but stay closed with water pressure

I just did a blowout on a four zone system with weathermatic valves. The valves stay closed just fine with water pressure on them but when i hook the air up to them they will not close. I am running 50 PSI and 20 CFM. I have blown out hundreds of systems like this and never ran into this problem.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, November 25th 2012, 1:35pm

Are these the Silver Bullet valves?

By the way, it is possible for a compressor air to build up ice in a valve, if the conditions are just right, like when the weather is cold and humid. I have once or twice been forced to open the water supply and run the zones, to warm up the valves enough to defeat this phenomenon.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Wet_Boots" (Nov 25th 2012, 6:01pm)

Rate this thread