You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Glen

Unregistered

Friday, December 7th 2012, 8:59pm

Leaky Nelson Valve

I have a Nelson valve that is leaking and I cannot get it to stop. I have Nelson 7900 valves. Over the years I have had several of the valves developed leaks. I have tried replacing the diaphragm alone on some, but this normally does not work. At the suggestion of my dealer, I have started buying new valves and just replacing the "guts" of the valve. This has always worked for me. Well, I just found another leaky valve and this time replacing the "guts" of the valve is not working. I have tightened it as tight as I feel I should. I'm afraid of stripping the threads on the base. The leak is from the valve itself and not the PVC connections. I cleaned around the valve good before replacing. I really do not want to dig up around the box and replace the valve body. Is there anything else I can do to get the valve to stop leaking?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, December 8th 2012, 9:21am

If the body of the valve is faulty, you have no choice other than to replace the entire valve.

Glen

Unregistered

Saturday, December 8th 2012, 1:15pm

Thats what I was afraid of. Just hoping there was an easier way.

Rate this thread