You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, December 13th 2012, 11:52am

Irritol MCPlus 24 issues or maybe it's just me

So I'm not the most savvy person when it comes to this stuff but it drives me crazy when I can't figure things out. I have a Irritol MCPlus 24 circa late 1990's. Noticed a change in the lawn appearance so decided to investigate. All valves work manually. Next I opened the controller. All 11 valve wires were attached, common wires etc. but one lone wire. So I hooked it to the master valve. Simple enough. Tried all the stations. Station 5 runs the front, Station 6 runs the same valve (in front) and also station 7(in front) on the same valve. Stations 6 and 7 are supposed to run the backyard. What happened? Thank god it's raining...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Helpless in Ramona" (Dec 13th 2012, 12:18pm)

mrfixit

Thursday, December 13th 2012, 1:28pm

What happens when you take the wire you hooked up to the master valve off.
Do you even have a master valve or pump?

Thursday, December 13th 2012, 4:49pm

I have taken the wire off, unplugged, removed 9v battery, waited 5 minutes plus, and the same thing happens as my original post. I went out in the rain to count my valves. I have 11. So maybe I don't have a master valve. The only other thing next to the valves is a filter looking thingy( great terminology I know). What could that wire go to? Why are the stations 5,6,7 running on the same valve and the backyard not working at all? Thanks for your help :D

mrfixit

Thursday, December 13th 2012, 8:39pm

You said the valves work manually. That means you don't have a master valve. You probably don't want any wire hooked up to the master valve terminal.

It sounds like you have a wiring issue. Sounds like one of the wires came loose, probably at the valves and someone hooked it up wrong.

Is there a spice somewhere between the controller and the valves where someone might have fiddled with the wiring?

Is the casing on the wires gone? Are the wires touching each other?

Go look at the wiring. See if they're hooked up correctly and in good shape. Post pics if you need help.

Just because a valve works manually doesn't mean it will run with the controller even if the wiring is ok. You might have a couple bad valves as well as a wiring issue. Fix the wires then you'll know if there's a valve problem.

It could also be that the old controller is the culprit.

You might need something to test the controller and the wiring. But if you use your brain you can figure it without...

Friday, December 14th 2012, 10:16am

I will try all of your suggestions. Landscapers could have messed with the system also. Thanks for the advice

Rate this thread