You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

NABRIL

Sunday, December 16th 2012, 5:53pm

Way to better close off a nozzle head

Hello
I know that I can turn the screw clockwise on top of the nozzle in order to close the flow of water, but for some reason I have 2 that still spurt out water despite tightening that screw. I also know that, if I wanted, I could dig around the area, remove the riser, and screw in a threaded pvc cap. If I do that and I want to re-enable that nozzle in say 4 years, I will have no way of locating where that cap is.

Is there some female threaded "cap" that can be screwed into the riser in place of a nozzle?
I guess I could remove the riser, screw in a 4 inch riser pipe and cap it. In 4 years it should be less difficult to locate that white cap. No?

thanks

mrfixit

Sunday, December 16th 2012, 7:11pm

Since you're talking years down the road. I'd dig it up and put the taller riser on with a cap.
---
If there's not a screen under the nozzle you wont be able to turn it off. If the screen is damaged it might dribble some. A new screen might help.
--
I don't know of a cap to replace the nozzle.

Rate this thread