You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Philbytx

Wednesday, December 26th 2012, 1:32pm

Replacing 3/4" Hunter PGP head with 1/2" Drip line kit on 3/4" pipe.

I am endeavouring to replace a blanked off PGP pipe end with a drip line kit. Can't find a kit in 3/4" and I am not sure if I can simply use a 3/4 to 1/2 reducer and install the kit on that. Can I do so without any issues?
Many thanks

Phil

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, December 26th 2012, 10:10pm

What drip kit? Make and model, please. As for pipe sizes, no big deal.

Philbytx

Thursday, December 27th 2012, 9:11am

I'm looking to install an Antelco A81305 1/2 in. Sprinkler Riser To Drip Irrigation Conversion Kit. I have around 12 bushes and 150 sq ft

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, December 27th 2012, 4:51pm

I'm not sure what filtration that kit has, if any. Your city water is supposedly filtered and then some, but it is still customary for pros to have fine-mesh drip filtration plumbed into the sprinkler system before any of the sprinkler water gets to the drip components.

Philbytx

Friday, December 28th 2012, 3:46pm

Our city water is pretty well filtered :) !

Should I install a filter ahead of this kit?
I have no documentation as the system was installed back in 1999 (way before we bought the house) and the firm that did it is out of business :( !

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, December 29th 2012, 5:27pm

Maybe see how it goes with the kit, and if it all clogs up, buy another drip kit, along with a filter. Or get the filter now, and save yourself grief down the line.

Rate this thread