You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

skamp

Monday, March 1st 2004, 3:55pm

Design validation needed please!!

Well I think I am done with my design. I know I will have to make slight tweeks to the arc's on some the heads once I get it installed. Everything I did in the design was from Jess Stryker's tutorial. My tested pressure is 56PSI and using 30PSI sprinkler heads my total pressure loss is ~50PSI. I have 15GPM flow (5/8 meter with 1" service line) from city water. I think I will be using the following equiptment unless I get some advise here to stay away from something.

<b>Rotors</b> - Hunter PGP 4" (not sure if I should use a low arc in the back by the bald cypress, please advise)
<b>Sprayers</b> - Hunter SRS 4"
<b>Nozzles</b> - Hunter for the most including the end and side strips and some rainbird 4 and 6 series VANs for the small bed areas.
<b>Controller</b> - Hunter SRC 9 zone.
<b>PVB</b> - Febco 1"
<b>Rain sensor</b> - Hunter mini-clik

I plan on doing 7 zones total. In the back I will be using rotors for everything but the bed (in the bed I used 5x30 side strips and 5x15 corner strips). I know I have some overspray onto the patio. I am not going to worry about that as soon I will be building a larger patio and all three heads on the house side will be moved up. Please let me know if there are any major pitfalls to my design. I really appreciate any help on this!

Here is a link to my design
http://www.lanability.com/images/new_design.gif

Steve

RVLI

Supreme Member

Thursday, March 4th 2004, 12:32pm

Looks good! How did you get that designed! I see you have triangular spacing and everything. Looks perfect. Good selection of products too!

skamp

Friday, March 5th 2004, 3:36am

All of my design was based on Jess Stryker's tutorials. I used Visio 2003 to design the whole system. Thanks for the feedback!

Steve

Rate this thread