You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

kikig

Starting Member

Saturday, January 19th 2013, 8:03am

Please, need help with an Imperial Sprinkler System.

Hello,

A few days ago the control box of my Imperial Water system began to chirp. It's a high pitched continuous chirp that had my dogs howling while inside of the house.

I switched the switch from auto to off. The chirping continued. I pushed on the small reset button. Nothing. I went to my breaker box and flipped the switch (next to it in sharpie pen was written "sprinkler system/lights)." It worked, it turned off the annoying, loud and constant chirping. What it also did was turn off the lights to a couple of rooms upstairs and a hallway light.

The next day I flipped the switch back to on to have use of my indoor lights, and the chirping started up again. The chirping lasted for about five min. then turned into a loud, continuous, high pitched humming/buzzing. It will not stop.

What do I do? I live in Arizona. Coincidentally this all occurred just a few days ago during our temperature freeze, whereby, I took all precautions to avoid any waterline, plumbing ruptures etc. To the eye, I have not observed any ruptures or leaks.

Please help.

Thank you.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, January 19th 2013, 9:53am

If this is an Imperial Valet controller, then you have a "timing motor" problem. That motor is always powered, in order for it to always keep time. For the money, you will be replacing the controller, and the new one won't have any motors to fail.

Rate this thread