You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, February 6th 2013, 12:00pm

some but not all zones will turn on

Rain Bird ESP-6Si was working fine but now only Zones 1 and 2 will work; zones 3-6 do not work; any ideas?

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Thursday, February 7th 2013, 7:07am

Where are you located. What kind of valves do you have?

First check the controller's programming. Any digging in the yard? May have to check valve wiring, first check common wire.

Are zones 1 and 2 in a separate valve box?

Thursday, February 7th 2013, 9:18am

Thanks wsommariva. Located in TX. No recent digging. Each zone has its own valve box and I was able to manually turn the two that I could find "on" and both worked.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Thursday, February 7th 2013, 2:45pm

Do zones 1 and 2 come on automatically or only when you go to the valve and turn them on manually?

Thursday, February 7th 2013, 3:10pm

Zones 1 and 2 come on automatically. No issues with those 2. The system will cycle through all zones, including 3-6, but no water in zones 3-6. I was able to locate the valve box for zone 3 and 6 (not sure where 4 and 5 are) and was able to manually turn on both (and both worked).

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Friday, February 8th 2013, 7:54am

Sounds like you have a wiring problem between zones 2 and 3. Check the connections in zone 2 and 3 valve boxes.

Rate this thread