You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Willy

Thursday, February 7th 2013, 9:15am

Wirsbo, flex, hard pvc?

I'm ready to put in a lawn sprinkler system and have many voices telling me to use wirsbo, flex and some say pvc. We live in a climate where it can be a hard Winter. Part of my existing system is PVC and have had no problems with freezing pipes.

We live in South Central Washington State about 1800 ft. Above Sea Level near the Simcoe Mountains. We are on a well.

My lawn sprinkler system is not going to be very large-- 35X55 ft. Therefore, I could go with flex or Wirsbo but keep hearing about the costs of the connectors. I will have to connect to PVC from whatever I use.

What are the differences and problems and advantages ?( associated with each? :?:

Willy :?: :huh:

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, February 7th 2013, 12:04pm

If PVC has worked, keep using it. Do you winterize the system?

Willy

Thursday, February 7th 2013, 2:07pm

Wirsbo, flex, hard pvc?

Yes, I do. So far no problems. I was only thinking of ease of installation plus all the blog info on that stuff not freezing as easy as pvc does.

Willy :)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, February 7th 2013, 3:53pm

If you aren't removing the water from the system piping, it will be subject to freeze damage, no matter what material you select.

Rate this thread