You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, March 4th 2013, 2:11pm

ProFeeder firtigation unit

Sorry if this gets long...
i have bought a house in Delaware that is on a lake. it has a sprinkler system with a fertigation unit. the water for the unit comes from the well and not the pond. the sprinklers are controlled by a hunter controller and there are basically 3 zones with about 6 sprinklers each. then there is one zone that is a drip for the plants. overall i have about 8-9 thou SF of lawn to fertilize.
i have been looking on line and i think the fertigation is a Fertile Earth brand. it sure looks like the picture. i downloaded and read the manual but i am not sure i understand exactly how this works. well i can see how to start it and run a bottle thru it. But..
i wondered if anyone could tell me how to figure out how long a 1 gal bottle of fertiler will last? and is it enough for one feeding? how long does a feeding last before you need to feed again? it looked like i could turn on the system and time the clicks to get the water flow rate. but again not sure how that translates into how much i am putting out or need to put out.
i have looked at a few sites to buy fertilizer and pest control. (again i am right on the water although i don't think the sprinklers can reach the water's edge.) i read that the fertile earth products use a specific ratio of concentrate and i am not sure if all products use that same ratio. i would guess you would need the same to get the right mixture rate? if so are all brands the same?
How often do you use this system? do you run it in the spring and stop in the summer? do you run it completely thru the summer season? when do you put in the pest control? does it also fertilize?
Thanks for any help and sorry if this has been answered before. i did not see a search button here.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, March 4th 2013, 9:52pm

Search box is to the right of the gator.

Somehow, fertilizer and lakes don't seem like they belong near each other.

Tuesday, March 5th 2013, 7:33am

thanks. do not see anything in a search as to my questions on the Fertile Earth products.
SO if anyone has some info, i would appreciate the replies.
Thanks

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Tuesday, March 5th 2013, 5:13pm

Click Here

Hope the link works.

It is impossible to tell you how long it will last without knowing flow rates and watering schedule. Try the link, it should give you some insight.
The Click Rate = the number of hours you can water on one gallon of fertilizer.
1.4gal/1000sq.ft Maximum (1.4gal x 9000sq.ft.)/1000=12.6gal
Do Not exceed 12.6gal/year of fertilizer (cool season grasses)
Click Rate x 12.6gal= Total number of hrs fertilizing per year(Maximum)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Central Irrigation" (Mar 5th 2013, 6:15pm)

Rate this thread