You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

yendis

Tuesday, March 5th 2013, 8:11am

New House Sprinkler Help

I have just bought a house in South Central Florida and the previous owner installed what appears to be a very nice sprinkler system by RainBird with 6 zones. I have never had a sprinkler system before and would appreciate some advice. First off the system is 9 years old and works from well water. My initial question is regarding a popup rotating sprinkler head that does not rotate,it pops up and waters and it sometimes does not go down either. I read somewhere on this forum a post years ago where the writer took out the head and washed out the base and got out a lot of sand and dirt and now it works fine. My ignorance is vast and I would like to know how to get the rotating sprinkler working again.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, March 5th 2013, 10:00am

Just replace the head with another one - they aren't designed to be repairable

yendis

Tuesday, March 5th 2013, 10:06am

Thank you Wet Boots, as a newbie to this, how does one replace the head? are special tools necessary? do I have to dig it out of the ground or is it an above ground process?
Sid

Rate this thread