You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Oldguy

Saturday, March 9th 2013, 3:04pm

Trying to revive and old rainbird system that works "Half-way"

I have an old rainbird system (about 10 years) old. It is stuck in on position. Using master switch I can turn it on and it cycles through it's 6 cycles watering fine. After the 6th cycle it continues running but no water coming out. I have to turn it off with the master switch. (there are actuually 8 cycles and the last 2 are not wired, contrary to the manual instruction, but this system has worked ok for 10 years). I can remove the circuit board. Is there any way to get it repaired? I would just replace the whole system except I am afraid I will find that the wiring inlet holes are in different places on the box and I will get involved in a major wiring job. The only help rainbird offers is buy a new system. Any advice appreciated. Oldman

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, March 9th 2013, 3:31pm

more than a brand name is needed - model number helps - photos help even better

Oldguy

Sunday, March 10th 2013, 11:13am

Old Rainbird system details

Details on old rainbird system - ESP-4, ESP-6, ESP-8 Dated 19-AU-98-01, ESP 931763. Model 57009,

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, March 10th 2013, 5:39pm

There won't be any issues replacing an ESP-8 with a new ESP controller.

mrfixit

Monday, March 11th 2013, 3:35am

Have you tried resetting the controller? If it still acts up after doing a reset then go for a new controller.

Old_guy

Unregistered

Monday, March 11th 2013, 10:44am

Replace and/or reset

No, I haven't tried reset, but I will and if that doesn't help I now feel better about replacing it. THANKS a lot for your help. Oldsguy

Rate this thread