You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Dog

Monday, March 11th 2013, 12:57pm

RainBird ESP 6-TM Sprinklers not coming on

Hello, I have a RainBird ESP 6-TM and the sprinklers do not come even though the controller is Running through the Zones. They have come on a couple times in the last few weeks. I believe the trouble started after a storm so may be lightning related. I have reset and replace fuse and battery. The Controller appears to working fine , but sprinkers will not come on. Zones date and time are all programmed. Nothing happens on manual either.

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Monday, March 11th 2013, 1:13pm

You are probably looking at a wiring issue. You will need to test your wiring using a multi meter. Rain sensor?

Dog

Monday, March 11th 2013, 4:57pm

Yes I do have a rain sensor...Should I take it off or disable it? If so how?

Dog

Tuesday, March 12th 2013, 6:05pm

more test

I checked the voltage on the controller for each station per the manual and I am seeing 29 volts when the station is activated which is good. I was able to manually turn on the zones and they work. I checked the wiring going from the controller to the valves and it looks good. I dont know how to take the cylenoid apart to check the voltage there. I do not hear any humming or noise from the cylenoid.

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Tuesday, March 12th 2013, 9:08pm

Checking resistance (ohms) at the controller will tell you everything you need to know about your field wiring. Place one lead on the common and the other on a station wire.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, March 13th 2013, 8:06am

Do make sure the controller is off (no zones being activated) before taking resistance measurements.

Rate this thread