You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

pdumais

Starting Member

Saturday, March 16th 2013, 12:13pm

solenoid valve and rain

Hi,

I recently bought a Orbit 3valve assembly (part #57253). I am planning on building a very simple simple to water 2 gardens. I don't need to bury any underground pipes, I'm just going to attach 2 hoses to the valves. I would also like to just assemble the valves on a board that I would screw on a wall under my deck. But I'd like to know if rain would be an issue? Should I build a box to put over the valves or are they waterproof?

I figure that if I bury them in a real irrigation box, it would be possible that water would find its way in the box, they the valves must be water resistant. Am I right?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, March 16th 2013, 8:32pm

Yes, valves are completely waterproof.

Rate this thread