You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

cpb521

Saturday, March 16th 2013, 10:15pm

Two problems: Valve leaking and not working, couple heads not spraying

I recently replaced the top of an irritrol 205s solenoid valve because I was getting drops in pressure for one zone. Now that the new one is on, a little water leaks out through the screws and the zone won't turn on at all when the timer kicks it on. It makes a single popping type noise then nothing. When I open the bleed screw, the zone comes on full force. I even tried hooking the valve up to a different zone wire and it still wouldn't turn on. Any ideas? Also, in a different zone, I repaired a broken pipe. There does not appear to be a leak that I can see from where it was repaired. Now, further down the line, two of the four heads pop up but don't spray at all and two of them pop up and trickle water. Am I going to be digging my yard back up or does anyone have any other ideas what it may be?

mrfixit

Sunday, March 17th 2013, 4:09am

First of all the heads downstream from the break are clogged up with dirt. Simply clean or replace the nozzles. Flush out the heads while you're at it. I suppose it's possible the whole line is clogged but try the nozzles first. Sometime there are elbows at the base of the sprinkler that get clogged.
--
On your 205 valve you've installed the diaphram and or the bonnet crooked. It's turned a bit. You may have pinched the nipple closed on the bonnet. Take it back apart and look.
--
Try attaching the diaphragm to the bonnet with the screws before installing the bonnet. The diaphragm can't turn that way. Pay close attention that the screws and especially the plastic nipple go into the proper holes.
--
Good luck!

cpb521

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 5:36pm

Everything is running great right now. It was a much easier job than I thought I created for myself. Lines flushed and diaphragm aligned appropriately and I once again have full coverage. Thanks for all of your help!!

Rate this thread