You are not logged in.

jcat

Unregistered

Thursday, March 28th 2013, 5:58pm

2 zones on at same time

I'm using city water -- I have a intermatic timer, a rainbird antisiphon valve, and a 4 outlet index. I currently only have 2 zones hooked up to the index with the 2 zone cam. When I initially hooked the system up a week or two ago, both zones came on independently and worked fine. Now, when I manually turn on the system from the controller, both zones come on at the same time with low pressure. If i flip the switch dozens of times, eventually one zone will come on alone and will work fine. then when i shut it off and turn back on, it goes back to the same problem of both zones running at same time with low pressure.

What could be causing both zones to come on at once... is there something not triggering the index to shut one zone and move to the other? why is it trying to run both simultaneously?

I live in Central FL, no freezing or anything...

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, March 28th 2013, 7:49pm

Make sure the antisyphon valve isn't partially closed. Next would be a cleaning of the index valve.

jcat

Unregistered

Monday, April 1st 2013, 5:06pm

I cleaned the index valve (nothing was in there, but i cleaned whatever I could anyway), replaced the plunger thing inside (even though the one I had was new), still have both zones coming on. Is it possible my city water pressure coming in isn't high enough to push the plunger fully down so only one zone is active? or

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, April 1st 2013, 7:13pm

You need to go over the water supply to be certain that there isn't a partially closed valve in there.

A malfunction of the anti-syphon valve is possible. One check is to open it manually with the tiny "bleed screw" on top of the valve. Check that the valve doesn't have a flow control that is partially closed.

Rate this thread