You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, March 29th 2013, 11:09am

X-Core - Run times in seconds

Is it possible set run times on X-Core Hunter in seconds (e.g. 30seconds)?
If not is it possible to set run time on one minute and than shorten it by using option seasonal adjustment set on 50%? Should this result by run time of 30 seconds long?

Thanks!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, March 29th 2013, 11:20am

Since there exists no display for seconds, I expect the answer is no. I have never tried it, since most of the global adjusting I do is summertime increases.

What application requires 30 seconds of watering and no more?

Friday, March 29th 2013, 12:00pm

For seedlings in winter. I need only 15-20sec. of fog few times in day just for more air moisture.
Please can you try on your model if is not problem. That is important to me.

Thanks!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, March 30th 2013, 9:05am

You would probably do better to add a special electric component to a standard controller output. That component is known as an "interval timer" - what an interval timer does is activate when voltage is applied to it, whereupon it activates a switch for a length of time you can adjust.

I didn't see any economical interval timers in a quick look at eBay auctions, where a lot of surplus electronic items can be found. However, I did find some time-delay modules. For instance, a 30-second delay would combine with a one-minute run time to give you a 30 second run time.

How you could apply these devices will depend on your comfort level with electronic circuits.

irrigirl

Unregistered

Friday, June 27th 2014, 5:09pm

Programming

Some timers have a season adjust feature... Usually set at 100% for normal programming.

You can program your run time for a minute and set your season adjust for 50%, that would give you 30 seconds.

Or you can get a timer with this feature.

irrigirl

Unregistered

Friday, June 27th 2014, 5:11pm

Programming

Wow, disregard my last post I must be drunk.
Yes you can set your season adjust for 50% and get 30 seconds!!

txlawn

Unregistered

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 9:55am

BlueSpray controller can do seconds.

Rate this thread