You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, March 7th 2004, 1:24pm

Problem With My Hardie HR-6100

I have a Hardie HR-6100 in my backyard. I just bought the house, it was already installed, with 4 stations. I have ran the sprinklers a few times and everything was fine, but, when I went and manuelly ran the sprinklers, station four will not shut off. In fact, I have to shut off the main water to the system for it to stop watering. Any ideas what could be wrong and how I can go about checking and/or fixing the problem? Thank You

mrwettech

Advanced Member

Monday, March 8th 2004, 3:49pm

Do you have a manual for your controller? If not I will relay the steps to stop the cycle when you run the controller manually. Move the manual switch to the "off/rain" position then back to the "run" position. Move the program switch to the "auto" position. If your # 4 zone is still watering, remove the wire from the #4 wire terminal in the controller. If still watering your problem is with-in the valve itself. Locate the valve and dis-assemble after you have turned the water off and check the condition of the diaphram/seat and check for debris in the valve housing. Hope that helps.

Thursday, March 11th 2004, 1:29pm

Thank you, I will try the right now... One question though, if the wires have to be disconnected in the box to zone 4, what would be the problem with the system? Will I be able to repair it or have to get a new one?? Thanks again, I will let you know if it work!

mrwettech

Advanced Member

Thursday, March 11th 2004, 4:08pm

In the process of trouble shooting the problem, removing the wire at the controller will help you determine if the problem is the controller itself. Rarely a controller will have a problem in the circuit board allowing continuous voltage to a circuit/zone. This will cause the solenoid to activate the valve continuously. By removing the wire you can determine if that is the case in this situation. If that is the case, it is fixable, not necessarily feasible. Repairs to a circuit board can run as much as a new controller. There is a possible way around a problem that I described but, let us see what the trouble shooting process tells us. Hope that helps.

Rate this thread