You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

WaterDude

Unregistered

Thursday, April 11th 2013, 12:59pm

Sprinkler Timer

I have an Orbit 6 zone remote control timer that has been working for 4 years. Last night, it just stopped working.

With a multi-meter outside, I get no voltage at any valves/with any on.

Multimeter inside, I have 24v on the input terminals, but the output on each zone, I have nothing. Fuse on unit is fine.

We had a pretty bad thunderstorm last night, and a power surge. The sprinklers were on at the time during the storm/surge. And I did notice they shut off during the surge.

Any suggestions?

mrfixit

Thursday, April 11th 2013, 1:14pm

Try resetting the controller. Take out any back up battery and unplug for a few minutes.
If there's a reset button press that first.
Double check that fuse.

WaterDude

Unregistered

Thursday, April 11th 2013, 5:35pm

Thanks......
I reset the controller, and took out the batteries/unplugged. It reset, but still did not activate any zones when prompted.

I put the spare fuse in to test it, just in case, but still, nothing happened.

Looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and just buy a new one. I lost the remote just a day or 2 ago anyway when it was dropped in the pool......so, it's time to retire the thing.....

Rate this thread