You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Striker225

Unregistered

Thursday, April 11th 2013, 2:49pm

Two zones to working

I just moved into an existing home with a weathermatic sl1600 controller/ system with 6 zones. The system has not been in use for at least 5 years. I repaired a major leak in one oaf the pipes an gave it whirl. To my surprise, all zones worked fined accept 4 and 6(both in my back yard). Zone 6 will not come on at all and zone 4 turned on but will not shut off. The other zone in my back yard works fine. Where do installers usually put the valve box? I can't find it. Is this even a valve issue?

mrfixit

Friday, April 12th 2013, 11:40am

There's probably dirt in the valves from your major leak. I'm assuming the break was the mainline going to the valves. But that's just an educated guess.
The valvebox could be anywhere. If you can't find the box then you'll need to trace the wires to the box using a valve locator.
Valve locator
They can be tricky to use. You might want to hire a guy to find the box.

Rate this thread