You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Kpierce

Starting Member

Friday, April 12th 2013, 10:36pm

Soaker hose or soaker heads on existing system

I have several high riser heads and when they come on the windows next to them get wet and leave residue behind, and the heads are no longer tall enough to spray over the bushes. So I thought it would be nice if I could replace them with some type of soaker hose, or soaker heads...
This way the water would stay on the ground and seep to where it is needed, instead of just spraying into the windows and back of the bushes.
I am not familiar with what is available on the market. I don't want to damage or limit my current system.

Thanks
Kp

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, April 13th 2013, 10:46am

Do the heads do anything other than water already-established shrubs? Lots of older systems get by with shrub sprays getting overgrown. If you still need to get water to every plant in an overgrown bed, you will have a few choices, but all of them will make for a more fragile sprinkler system.

The one important consideration for a good drip install is protecting the pipe and components from damage with a thick covering of mulch. The old-school 'textbook' drip install lays out the components on top of bare soil, then adds six inches of mulch atop the pipe and fittings. For most cheaply-done drip installs, emitter tubing is used, and thinly covered, if at all.

Rate this thread