You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

lardog

Starting Member

Thursday, April 18th 2013, 1:36pm

Unknown device

In this home i bought, the back yard 28 zone system had a gray 3" diameter by 2" high plastic cylinder lying on the ground with a wire bundle going to a valve box in the ground near the wall mounted controller. Some of the zones off my hunter controller are also hooked up to a wire bundle and not the normal red wires and they go to this same valve box. I have not dug into the valve box yet so it all appears to be related to this cylinder and a valve in the box. Everything seems to work ok but I just am not sure what the hell this thing is. Never seen anything like it before. There is no master valve or pump. It almost seems like a float valve or something that was mounted at one time and it is not a rain sensor for controller. When i turn the cylinder upside down I can hear something move inside. Before i dig into this can anyone help. Thanks,Lardog

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, April 18th 2013, 2:27pm

You might bring back a few photos of said mystery device.