You are not logged in.

LesBrown

Sunday, April 21st 2013, 4:09pm

Wondering what this is.

My wife found this in our front yard. It seems to be part of a sprinkler system that some previous owner installed. When I flip the cover back and put my finger down in the hole, I would hit some sort of spring loaded thing and some water would come out. Although not anymore. I'm guessing there was some pressure in the line that bled off when I was playing with it. Anyway, it looks like you could put a sprinkler head on this thing. But I've never really seen anything like it. Unfortunately there's no obvious control panel or even a knob anywhere to turn the thing on. And I've not found anymore of these things anywhere else. Anyone have an idea?

mrfixit

Sunday, April 21st 2013, 4:36pm

That's called a quick coupler. You need a key to go into there.
Quick coupler key.
--
Don't worry about that thing. It doesn't have a thing to do with how your sprinker system operates.

LesBrown

Sunday, April 21st 2013, 5:43pm

Thanks for the response.

So, would there be any other use for that thing? Because, I don't know of a sprinkler system in my yard. But if there is and I just need to dig it up, that might be cool.

mrfixit

Sunday, April 21st 2013, 7:10pm

Yes, you can attach a garden faucet to the end of the quick coupler if you need to use the hose there.
I used to take care of a city park and they had quick couplers all over the place.. hmm now that I think about it maybe the quick coupler IS your sprinkler system.
That's how I watered the park. We had rainbird impact sprinklers attached to the top of the quick coupler. My mistake. That's probably what yours is for.