You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

wireless

Unregistered

Wednesday, April 24th 2013, 10:07am

Anti Siphon leaking when other valves on.

One of five valves has water leaking from the anti siphon cap when other zones are on. I replaced the plastic "plunger" and washers and it's still leaking. What am I missing?

mrfixit

Wednesday, April 24th 2013, 10:59am

If the valve's brass take the cap back off and clean the brass stem on the bottom of the cap. I use a small screw driver and scrape all the calcium build up off of there so the plastic float can do it's job.
Does the float seat? Some of the floats are a different size and don't close all the way. Maybe use the old float with a new washer.
-
If the valve's plastic depending on which model valve you have take the cap back off and make sure the stem of the plastic float is correctly inserted into the hole of the cap. If you miss that hole it'll leak like crazy.
-
Is the O-ring or fiber washer for the cap missing or cracked?

wireless

Unregistered

Wednesday, April 24th 2013, 12:03pm

If the valve's brass take the cap back off and clean the brass stem on the bottom of the cap. I use a small screw driver and scrape all the calcium build up off of there so the plastic float can do it's job.
Does the float seat? Some of the floats are a different size and don't close all the way. Maybe use the old float with a new washer.
-
If the valve's plastic depending on which model valve you have take the cap back off and make sure the stem of the plastic float is correctly inserted into the hole of the cap. If you miss that hole it'll leak like crazy.
-

I will check the movement of the float, I replaced the fiber washer.

Wireless

Unregistered

Thursday, April 25th 2013, 8:56pm

-
-

I will check the movement of the float, I replaced the fiber washer.
Looks like I used a drop too big of a washer! replaced it and so far so good. Thanks for your help.

Rate this thread