You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

munga42

Starting Member

Friday, May 3rd 2013, 3:17am

Irrigation Cut off

Hi,

I am planning to upgrade our irrigation for our soccer pitch. I have a multi stage pump connected to a tank which controls the pump with the aid of a float switch to prevent pump going dry. On the field we have a travel type sprinker which has a mechanical cut off when it has finished its run across the field. My question is what type of pressure switch, controller would you recommend to prevent the high pressure build up at the pump? Meaning the pipe from the irrigator and pump pressure would increase massively very quickly and needs a cutoff connetced.

Any help would be appriecated

Jim

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, May 3rd 2013, 5:30am

Consider using a pressure switch on the downstream side of the pump, in conjunction with a pressure relief valve. You may or may not need to add a small pressure tank to smooth out the pressure gradients.

Rate this thread