You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

bluedog

Starting Member

Saturday, May 4th 2013, 5:02pm

programming raindial RD1200

I searched through previous post but didn't see what I was looking for.
My question is can the RD1200 be programmed to start three different zones of three valves at different times. The manual is not very clear. I have 9 stations and don't want them all to come on at the same time.
Thanks

Scott76

Saturday, May 4th 2013, 5:10pm

If you have an A, B, and C program you can do it. Program A to start at time 1 with zones 1, 2, and 3 with run times. Leave the other 6 zones with a run time of 0. Do the same thing with both B and C using the remaining zones.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 4th 2013, 5:42pm

just remember that a controller does not explicitly start a zone - it starts a program

Scott76

Monday, May 6th 2013, 10:27am

Blue,

Here is an example on how to set up the timer. Program A will start at 5:00 am and run zones 1, 2, and 3. Each zone will run for 10 minutes, which is 30 minutes of total run time. Program B should be set to start at 5:45 am and run zones 4, 5, and 6. Each of those zones runs for 20 minutes each, which is another hour of run time. Program C will start at 7:00 am and run zone 7, 8, and 9. Those zones will run for 5 minutes each. Leaving a 15 minute gap between the end of one program and the start of the second allows the system shut off and then restart with the proper program running. When manually running the zones, you need to make sure you are switching between program A, B, and C depending on which zones you want to run. If you leave it in A, it will always manually start the A program.

The other option is to start with just program A and set the run time for all of the zones. This will start with zone 1 at the designated start time, run it for the desired time and then switch to zone 2. This will continue through the duration of the programmed zones. When the program is completed, it will shut off and start on the next scheduled start time.

Rate this thread