You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, May 4th 2013, 10:50pm

HunterXC that won't turn off

I've just bought a home with a Hunter XC. I can get the controller to turn 'on', but not get it to stop. It just cycles through station 1, station 2, station 3, etc. It waters each one in turn as programmed, but then goes back to the beginning and starts again. I have to manually turn it off each time. what am i doing wrong?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 5th 2013, 7:58am

Operator error, most likely, from having excess start times programmed. Just one single start time is required to water the entire lawn.

Monday, May 6th 2013, 3:21pm

Thank you!

Thanks for that Wet_Boots. Does that mean that Station 1 should have a start time, but all other stations should just be set to 'off'?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, May 6th 2013, 5:09pm

Stations NEVER have a start time. Programs have a start time. That's the point that always gets overlooked. Build your program with running times for your zones. Set a start time for the program. Set days of operation for the program. Job done.

PennyInHeels

Tuesday, June 25th 2013, 8:19am

How does one program "too many start times"?

I have a similar problem with a Hunter SRC Plus. It starts the program at the correct time, reaches the end, and then starts again.

What I do not understand is how I could have "too many start times" programmed. I have only Program A active, to start at 6:30AM. Program B and C are OFF. I thought that a program was characterized as having one start time. I don't see how I could program more than one start times even if I wanted to.

If I do have "too many start times", how do I detect this and delete the superfluous time?

Ah! I may have found the answer - as a last resort I found and read the manual! :rolleyes:

Eliminating a Program Start Time:
With the dial set to the SET PROGRAM START TIMES position, push the + or - button until you reach 12:00 AM (Midnight). From here push the -> button once to reach the OFF position.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "PennyInHeels" (Jun 25th 2013, 9:06am)

electrifiedmale

Sunday, June 30th 2013, 7:14pm

Ah! I may have found the answer - as a last resort I found and read the manual! :rolleyes:

Eliminating a Program Start Time:
With the dial set to the SET PROGRAM START TIMES position, push the + or - button until you reach 12:00 AM (Midnight). From here push the -> button once to reach the OFF position.
Yup. You found it! :thumbup:

dd
experience is what is learned just after you needed it!

Rate this thread