You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

NABRIL

Monday, May 6th 2013, 12:12pm

Suggestion for replacement for better solution for valve

Hello

My sprinkler system was installed with an indexing valve (a black cap with pvc pipes coming down into the ground. the black cap has 6 screws on top) to control 2 zones--1) rotors and 2) spray heads. The rotors mainly water the grass, and the spray heads get the orchids, flower beds, etc. At present I water every other day using an Intermatic timer that only lets me set 12min cycles. So the pump comes on, waters for 12, rests for 12min, and then waters the other zone for another 12. I have no choice on selecting the zone since the valve does it on its own.

I would like to specify that the heads come on every other day and that the rotors come on every 2 days. For example. I realize I may need a different timer, but what I ultimatly want is to be able to control the zones manually or electronically. Does something exist that can do that?

Thanks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, May 6th 2013, 2:55pm

Any modern controller will have multiple schedules.

NABRIL

Wednesday, May 8th 2013, 11:29am

Any modern controller will have multiple schedules.
ok, and what type of valve do I need to get that can be controlled?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 8th 2013, 11:37am

How clean is this pumped water? You might want a valve with some dirty-water capability, like a Rainbird DVF, for cleaner water, or their PEB-scrubber valves for dirtier water.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 8th 2013, 2:22pm

As long as the indexing valve is functional, you can look at another option. That would be to keep the valve as it is, but to add a controller and pump relay. That gives you what you want for control of running times and scheduling. The controller requires a feature that allows for a delay between zones, which duplicates the delay you observed, that is needed for indexing valves to function properly.

Rate this thread