You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

handybob

Tuesday, May 7th 2013, 6:08pm

Orbit valves not opening

Got them fixed - never had this ever happen but FYI - on the orbit valves when you take the cover off to check the diaphragm check and make sure the small chrome rod is still attached to the underside of the cover - without it the valves will not operate. The only thing I can figure they came loose and are down in the manifold but after about 10 minutes trying to fish them out (blindly) with my extendable magnet I gave up and took the tops off another set of valves and put them on.

mrfixit

Tuesday, May 7th 2013, 6:43pm

You're right. The rebuild kit comes with a diaphragm and that rod thing as two different pieces in a package. I tried it without the pin on two different occasions. It wouldn't function with the controller either time. When I put the pin in along with the diaphragm it worked just fine.
The valves being repaired didn't have a metering pin originally. hmm.