You are not logged in.

gobris

Tuesday, May 14th 2013, 9:45am

Nelson-Signature Solenoid does not work

Hello,
I got a signature 8013e controller on 9003 valve.
For a while, it just pulls the solenoid up, but at same second it releases the solenoid back.
I checked the battery and it was fine. over 3.6v ..Even tested with a power adapter on this voltage instead of battery and result was same..

Checked the solenoid and it was moving freely inside the housing.
What i suspect is maybe the spring inside has a kind of problem, or maybe the capacitor might not be working well and just can keep a power for the first movement of solenoid.

I am planning to change the capacitor inside (16V 8200 uF) soon but, incase it does not work, Is there a way that i can find a solenoid replacement or maybe only the spring for that. Or even a third party solenoid that i can use with this controller.

And none is ok, then a cheap replacement solenoid + controller with battery that i can use on this valve.
Thanks all.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 14th 2013, 10:19am

Why not get it replaced, if it is still under warranty?

If the solenoid threads on the valve are 3/4 x 20, then you could probably use an Irritrol latching solenoid to actuate it.

gobris

Thursday, May 16th 2013, 7:14am

Why not get it replaced, if it is still under warranty?

If the solenoid threads on the valve are 3/4 x 20, then you could probably use an Irritrol latching solenoid to actuate it.
I'm in Turkey, and warranty is valid only for 2 years.. This devices are about 5 yrs old.
Anyway, I just changed the capacitor inside with a 16V 10.000uF instead of 8200 uF (because i got only that at home) and used a spring taken out from a pen..And now it works..

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 16th 2013, 8:30am

Thanks for following up. (of course, the most information would have been derived by only changing one component at a time :))

What this does to battery life will be something to look at.

Rate this thread