You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Floridaguy

Unregistered

Tuesday, May 14th 2013, 12:36pm

low pressure-all zones

Hello,

Been searching the forums, but can't find someone with my exact problem.

I have a 6 zone system. ALL zones are running with about half pressure. My controller is cyceling through the zones properly, and I do have voltage to the solenoids. When I loosen the solenoids almost all the way, I then have full pressure to the sprinklers. This holds true for all 6 zones.

How can I determine if I have bad solenoids, or bad diaphrams? And, isn't a little strange that they all failed at once? ( I havent used the sytem in several months)

What can I check without just throwing parts at it?

Thanks in advance! 8)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 14th 2013, 5:41pm

We need the make and model of the valves (a photo helps)

Are you on well water?

Floridaguy

Unregistered

Wednesday, May 15th 2013, 6:04am

low pressure all zones

I have Irritrol valves 205S. Thanks for trying to assist!

Floridaguy

Unregistered

Wednesday, May 15th 2013, 6:06am

low pressure all zones

City water by the way...

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 15th 2013, 7:38am

Flow controls on your valves might have prevented this from happening. Figure on replacing the diaphragm assemblies.

mrfixit

Wednesday, May 15th 2013, 10:05am

Having the diaphragms go bad on all the valves is rare but not unheard of.
I ran across this one time. All 6 of the 711 valves had bad diaphragms. The old 711's and the 205's have the same diaphragm.
I think Boots gave you good advice. I'd look at the diaphragms before the solenoids. Solenoids rarely go bad. To have all 6 solenoids be bad without a lightning strike would be impossible in my book.

If the solenoids are a concern to you, you could buy new 205's and swap out all the parts.
--
As a side note I've never seen a controller cause what you've described.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 15th 2013, 5:17pm

It isn't that each of six diaphragms has gone equally bad. It's that there isn't any practical way to determine which one diaphragm is the one to replace, in a situation where all these valves are sticking open. In favor of replacing all the diaphragms, is the likelihood that all the valves are the same age, from the same batch, and are going to have diaphragm failures at around the same general time.

Floridaguy

Unregistered

Thursday, May 16th 2013, 6:13am

Low pressure all zones

Thanks for the responses! I will try and round some diaphrams up. Didn't see them at home depot, I'll check for online sources. I'll post the results here for future reference.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 16th 2013, 8:07am

Rate this thread