You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

rsteube

Unregistered

Wednesday, May 15th 2013, 7:55pm

Question about Common Wiring

ok. If I use common wire and I have three valves/solenoids.
Can I run a common wire from each solenoid to the common wire and just use one of those caps to screw them together all at once.
Or do I have to run the common wire in series.
i.e. common + common wire from 1 solenoid and 1 more wire into a twist cap, then do the same on the extra wire from the twist cap, etc. like the other 2 zones in my front yard are.
My zones in the back done seem to work and I am trying to figure out how to get them operational. Its either a problem with solenoid, or wiring to my knowlege.
Wiring it all to one twist cap. I do get some flow out of one or two to trickle from the sprinkler head this way.
Am I missing something? Never messed with sprinklers before, but trial and error, etc. Im getting somewhere, just not fast enough. I need this done asap.
Thanks!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 16th 2013, 12:07am

Solenoids have one lead connected to system common, and the other lead connected to a zone.

Read your controller manual.