You are not logged in.

aly

Starting Member

Saturday, May 25th 2013, 3:29pm

Auto sprinkler system with transformer(Raindial), having issues.

Problem- Loud ticking noise when sprinkler system turns on, no water coming out of the sprinklers, and it sounds like it's going to explode. Whats wrong? :wacko:

mrfixit

Sunday, May 26th 2013, 4:00am

I ran across a RainDial once that caused the solenoids on all the valves to CLICK CLICK CLICK about one time per second. When I say all the valves I mean which ever valve is on at the time. This was 5 years ago. It might have been a PULSE PULSE PULSE sound. Almost like a water hammer sound. The sprinklers seemed to come on just fine though. I couldn't talk the guy into replacing the controller because everything worked, despite me telling him something in the ground will break. Some people are stubborn.
I replaced the faceplate with one I carry on the truck for diagnosing and the pulsing went away.
It's hard for me to tell from here but you might need to replace the controller. I see a variety of odd problems with the RainDial.
Are all the valves doing it and do you have a master valve?

mrfixit

Sunday, May 26th 2013, 4:02am

I ran across a RainDial once that caused the solenoids on all the valves to CLICK CLICK CLICK about one time per second. When I say all the valves I mean which ever valve is on at the time. It might have been a PULSE PULSE PULSE sound. Almost like a water hammer sound. The sprinklers seemed to come on just fine though. I couldn't talk the guy into replacing the controller because everything worked, despite me telling him something in the ground will break. Some people are stubborn.
I replaced the faceplate with one I carry on the truck for diagnosing and the pulsing went away.
It's hard for me to tell from here but you might need to replace the controller. I see a variety of odd problems with the RainDial.

Are all the valves doing it?
Do you have a master valve?

Rate this thread