You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

aly

Starting Member

Saturday, May 25th 2013, 3:29pm

Auto sprinkler system with transformer(Raindial), having issues.

Problem- Loud ticking noise when sprinkler system turns on, no water coming out of the sprinklers, and it sounds like it's going to explode. Whats wrong? :wacko:

mrfixit

Sunday, May 26th 2013, 4:00am

I ran across a RainDial once that caused the solenoids on all the valves to CLICK CLICK CLICK about one time per second. When I say all the valves I mean which ever valve is on at the time. This was 5 years ago. It might have been a PULSE PULSE PULSE sound. Almost like a water hammer sound. The sprinklers seemed to come on just fine though. I couldn't talk the guy into replacing the controller because everything worked, despite me telling him something in the ground will break. Some people are stubborn.
I replaced the faceplate with one I carry on the truck for diagnosing and the pulsing went away.
It's hard for me to tell from here but you might need to replace the controller. I see a variety of odd problems with the RainDial.
Are all the valves doing it and do you have a master valve?

mrfixit

Sunday, May 26th 2013, 4:02am

I ran across a RainDial once that caused the solenoids on all the valves to CLICK CLICK CLICK about one time per second. When I say all the valves I mean which ever valve is on at the time. It might have been a PULSE PULSE PULSE sound. Almost like a water hammer sound. The sprinklers seemed to come on just fine though. I couldn't talk the guy into replacing the controller because everything worked, despite me telling him something in the ground will break. Some people are stubborn.
I replaced the faceplate with one I carry on the truck for diagnosing and the pulsing went away.
It's hard for me to tell from here but you might need to replace the controller. I see a variety of odd problems with the RainDial.

Are all the valves doing it?
Do you have a master valve?

Rate this thread