You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Nmayor

Unregistered

Sunday, June 2nd 2013, 12:26am

Nozzle came off ....NEWBIE HERE!

Hi all,
I have a rainbird 12v nozzle that popped off after I accidentally ran over it with my car (the nozzle was inches from the drive). I hope my pics will come up here but basically I dont know how to install it back. It seems Im either missing a
piece or something might just be broken on the nozzle.

mrfixit

Sunday, June 2nd 2013, 1:27am

It looks like you broke the threads off and they're stuck inside the nozzle. You need a new sprinkler.
The nozzle looks like it's in pretty good shape and you can probably reuse it if you can get the threads out. I'm not sure you can do that without wrecking the screen. It's worth a shot though.
You don't want to install a nozzle without a screen. The VAN nozzle in the picture needs the blue screen so don't try to replace it with white screen that Rainbird sells.
The standard Rainbird nozzles have white screens.
--
That nozzle will go onto a Rainbird 1800 series or a Hunter Pro Spray...
--
If you need to get a replacement nozzle and want the same one. That's a 12 foot VAN made by Rainbird.
----
After looking at the picture again I see that the nozzle is cracked. You can't reuse it. Replace the sprinkler and the nozzle..

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (Jun 2nd 2013, 11:58am)

Rate this thread