You are not logged in.

Gtori

Tuesday, March 16th 2004, 2:11pm

Rotors Overall & for sloped portions of Yards

I am in the process of selecting my rotors for my new sprinkler system. I've heard good things about the RainBird 5000+ and the Hunter I-20 & PGP. I like the RB raincurtain feature and flexibility of adjustment, but hear good things about the Hunters. Any preferences here?

Also, my front yard is sloped so that I have about 10 of height difference in two of my zones. The I-20 have check valves and are cheaper than RainBird rotors that have check valves. Do I need check valves in all the rotors in these sloped zones?

Any help would be appreciated! (I'll have about 45 psi from my well)
Thanks for your help!

RVLI

Supreme Member

Tuesday, March 16th 2004, 2:52pm

You would probably only need a check valve at the end head so all the water doesnt drain out the bottom head when the zone is off. I like Hunter PGP, or the Rainbird 5000+. I have heard good things about the I-20 also.

mrwettech

Advanced Member

Wednesday, March 17th 2004, 1:12pm

Not only does the I-20 have checks in the seat it also has a flow control built into the head. You can even turn individual heads off with this feature. This allows you to fine tune certain areas and change out nozzles will the zone is running. They are my favorite.

RVLI

Supreme Member

Wednesday, March 17th 2004, 1:32pm

5000 plus also has flow control feature.

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Wednesday, March 17th 2004, 3:25pm

One thing on the i-20 . Lets remember its necessarely a true flow control. Its main purpose is to shut off/on. I also use it to control my coverage but it will effect your head gpm rate and if you turn it down to low your rotation will slowwwww down.

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Wednesday, March 17th 2004, 3:31pm

One thing on the i-20 . Lets remember its NOT .....

Robbies

Saturday, April 24th 2004, 5:54pm

How well would the I-20 work on 45psi??50psi?Such as enough pressure

Rate this thread