You are not logged in.

dhunter300

Thursday, June 6th 2013, 8:11pm

1hp lawn sprinkler pump

when the builder built my house he put a 8inch by 15 ft pvc pipe in the ground into a under ground water bason . my question is I just started trying to use it to water my lawn. im new to this so forgive me if I sound stupid!i bought a 1 hp portable lawn sprinkler pump also attached a 3/4 pvc pipe to pull the water out with a foot valve on the end of pipe!the outlet is a 3/4 garden hose its about 20 ft in to the sprinkler the pump is rated at 780gph to use to sprinklers it almost dies! in order for me to use 2 sprinkler heads what do I need to do! do I need to use a 1 inch suction pvc pipe to a 3/4 pipe to get more water to the sprinklers!any advice would be so great

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, June 7th 2013, 8:00am

How does it work with only one sprinkler? The water supply might be smaller than you think.

dhunter300

Saturday, June 8th 2013, 8:05am

how would I check for that! I checked the water pressure it was around 70psi it works great with one sprinkler its just when I try 2 sprinklers the pressure not good just wanting to know how to get 2 sprinklers to work! im using a 3/4 pvc pipe to pull the water do I need to use a 1inch pipe to pull the water would that work any help would b so gratefull! and thanks for helping me!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, June 8th 2013, 10:45am

Definitely try a larger suction pipe. I've never used anything smaller than 1-1/4 inch for pump suction.

dhunter300

Saturday, June 8th 2013, 8:01pm

thanks ill try that to see if that works!

dhunter300

Monday, June 10th 2013, 6:34pm

this may sound crazy Hell! i dont know! but tried reading stuff online its sounds like if im pulling water using a

1inch or larger size of pipe then the line going to the 1st sprinkler needs to b smaller and the next one after that needs to b smaller after that does that sound ok or not!1 inch suction then 3/4 to first head then 1/2 to the next would i get the same coverage or pressure

Rate this thread