You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

dhunter300

Thursday, June 6th 2013, 8:11pm

1hp lawn sprinkler pump

when the builder built my house he put a 8inch by 15 ft pvc pipe in the ground into a under ground water bason . my question is I just started trying to use it to water my lawn. im new to this so forgive me if I sound stupid!i bought a 1 hp portable lawn sprinkler pump also attached a 3/4 pvc pipe to pull the water out with a foot valve on the end of pipe!the outlet is a 3/4 garden hose its about 20 ft in to the sprinkler the pump is rated at 780gph to use to sprinklers it almost dies! in order for me to use 2 sprinkler heads what do I need to do! do I need to use a 1 inch suction pvc pipe to a 3/4 pipe to get more water to the sprinklers!any advice would be so great

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, June 7th 2013, 8:00am

How does it work with only one sprinkler? The water supply might be smaller than you think.

dhunter300

Saturday, June 8th 2013, 8:05am

how would I check for that! I checked the water pressure it was around 70psi it works great with one sprinkler its just when I try 2 sprinklers the pressure not good just wanting to know how to get 2 sprinklers to work! im using a 3/4 pvc pipe to pull the water do I need to use a 1inch pipe to pull the water would that work any help would b so gratefull! and thanks for helping me!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, June 8th 2013, 10:45am

Definitely try a larger suction pipe. I've never used anything smaller than 1-1/4 inch for pump suction.

dhunter300

Saturday, June 8th 2013, 8:01pm

thanks ill try that to see if that works!

dhunter300

Monday, June 10th 2013, 6:34pm

this may sound crazy Hell! i dont know! but tried reading stuff online its sounds like if im pulling water using a

1inch or larger size of pipe then the line going to the 1st sprinkler needs to b smaller and the next one after that needs to b smaller after that does that sound ok or not!1 inch suction then 3/4 to first head then 1/2 to the next would i get the same coverage or pressure

Rate this thread