You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

manhong

Unregistered

Friday, June 7th 2013, 11:15am

Sprinkler 1/2" 90 Degree Male Elbow Question

I recently had a 1/2" 90 degree male elbow for one of my spray heads break in half. I was able to remove the elbow from the funny pipe using a pair of pliers and install the new one. I noticed that I did not push the elbow very far into the funny pipe because I did not lubricate the barbs. The elbow does not leak when water is running and it is snug when I pull on it.

The guy that sits next to me at work who use to repair sprinklers says that I need to push the elbow in farther into the funny pipe or risk water getting between the funny pipe and elbow and breaking the funny pipe in the winter when it freezes. Is this really a concern or should I not worry about it? I definitely do not want to cause myself more work for next spring.

If I need to dig the sprinkler head up in order to access the elbow to fix this issue, my plan is to put some vaseline around the exposed portion of the elbow and hopefully push the elbow in a little more. Otherwise, I will try and pull it out with a pair of pliers, lubricate it with vaseline, and re-install.

Rate this thread