You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

yusufali

Tuesday, June 11th 2013, 11:37pm

No water on any zones

I have a hunter controller. About 15 years old. During the last scheduled run no water came out of any zones. The controller counted down fine. I have reset the controller without success. I have swapped the controller with a new one same results. I checked the wires at the controller; basically when a zone is active, all the wires have voltage. I compared that withy neighbor who has the exact controller and when his is running in one zone only that zone has voltage.

What does that mean? Is my controller bad? Or is there a problem on the wiring? I do not have any wires in the MV slot. Only AC and G, C and 1-6 have color coded wires.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 12th 2013, 7:21am

Get a multimeter and check the system wiring.

yusufali

Wednesday, June 12th 2013, 2:12pm

Get a multimeter and check the system wiring.

I did. It shows voltage going to all 6 zones even though only zone 1 or zone 2 is active. Same test using multimeter on my neighbors controller shows voltage only on the active zone.

Thanks.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 13th 2013, 8:22am

You could have a field wiring failure. The multimeter check I recommend is for resistance.

Rate this thread