You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

BILLGENTRY

Starting Member

Wednesday, March 17th 2004, 6:20pm

Leaky valve/PSI pressure

I have installed a new 3/4 inch Orbit Water Master Sprinkler Valve, Model 57023. The garden variety type that can be purchased at any Home Depo, etc. I replaced the previous valve because it was leaking internally between the pressured side (input) and the non-pressurized side (output). This tiny internal leak was causing one of my down stream sprinklers to drip continuously. When I installed the new sprinkler valve the problem did not go away as planned. I measured the the PSI pressure on the water line. The pressure is 85 PSI. The sprinkler valves say they want PSI pressure at a max of 80. I assume this means that the spring loaded solenoid plunger is not strong enough to hold the water back. Any recommendations on a higher rated (PSI pressure) sprinkler valve? Or any other alternative.
BillGentry@aol.com

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Wednesday, March 17th 2004, 7:01pm

Install a pressure regulator

Rate this thread