You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

njitgrad

Monday, June 24th 2013, 1:28pm

left stop on RB 5004

I don't know if my newly purchased 5004 heads have the new slip clutch feature. How can I tell? I bought them at a local irrigation supply company and the guy made it sound like they had them but I don't know for sure.

I am able to turn the rotor past the factory set left and right stops with some effort but is this OK?

If I don't have the slip clutch, how do you adjust the left stop in that case? All of the manuals and videos I watched make it sound almost like there is a possibility of having to loosen the entire head from the water inlet thread just enough so that the left stop aligns with where you want it. But that doesn't sound right to me since a loose connection will just allow water to seep out.

njitgrad

Tuesday, June 25th 2013, 9:12am

I just called Rainbird and asked them this question. They told me to turn ONLY the turret to adjust the left stop (which is what I have been doing). I told them that the directions for setting the left stop on the 5000 series on their website don't make sense. They say to rotate the entire case which makes it sound like its possible to loosen the connection to the inlet pipe if it's anything more than a 1/4 turn.

Am I right?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 26th 2013, 9:03am

If you can change the position of the coverage arc by force applied to the top of the turret, then you are using the clutch.

The printed instructions became out-of-date the moment the clutch was added to the head.

njitgrad

Thursday, June 27th 2013, 1:37pm

If you can change the position of the coverage arc by force applied to the top of the turret, then you are using the clutch.

The printed instructions became out-of-date the moment the clutch was added to the head.

Thanks. Exactly what I have been thinking, just wanted an experienced installer to confirm.

Rate this thread