You are not logged in.

CommercialAD

Starting Member

Monday, June 24th 2013, 8:15pm

Rainbird powers Superior valve, but no water comes out.

OK, so, here goes. I have a Rainbird automated system, a few weeks ago one of the valves was leaking, I replaced the top of the superior valve and thought we were good to go. I didn't put the solenoid back on that valve. My bad. A couple of days later we notice the sprinklers are not coming on, I proceed to look at the control box and notice the is a blown fuse. OK, I get a few fuses and think all is good, well, still not working. I look at the valve and notice, the solenoid isn't on the valve, i try it again, and another blown fuse. Ahhhh, I see the solenoid is burnt, no good, charred. OK, I get a new solenoid and replace it, and yes it works. Great! Now here is the issue, the other two stations are not working now. I replace the other two solenoids and hope were set. Well it is sending power to the two valves, I can hear an electrical noise, it also sounds as if water is trying to flow, but alas, nothing is happening.....so, anyone have a suggestion? are the valves shot?

mrfixit

Monday, June 24th 2013, 11:17pm

It sounds like the diaphragms are bad.
-
Maybe you got debris in the manifold when you repaired the one valve and it's clogged the other valves.
-
Yep those solenoids will melt if they're not on the post when then controller comes on. I was working on a valve one day with the solenoid off and it melted right in front of my eyes. Didn't take long that's for sure. The people had their controller set for the middle of the day.

Rate this thread